Monday, November 22, 2010

Maggie Q tight dresses long legs



Maggie Q as the sexy Nikita in the CW show of the same name. The show is based on the 1990 French thriller La Femme Nikita, but not on the American show of the same name which aired in the late '90s and was a spin-off from the movie. Maggie Q is a CIA agent with martial arts expertise, wearing tight dresses and shooting real guns, but with fake ammunition: "We shoot blanks. You get the same recoil as you do on a real shot. It's all very loud and real."



Maggie Q wearing a Todd Lynn leather jacket and Rosy Vionnet lingerie for the October 2010 issue of Esquire Mexico magazine. In the interview, Hawaii-born Maggie, who is of mixed Vietnamese and Polish-American heritage, talked of starting her modeling and acting career in Hong Kong: "When I went to Asia I had only 20 dollars. I had to sleep on the floor in a friend's house, because I had nowhere to live."

Maggie Q is an animal lover, a shelter advocate since she was a child, and lives with three rescue dogs in her LA home: a shepherd mix Cesar, a female shepherd mix Lady from Hong Kong, and Pedro, a Chihuahua from Taiwan. "At one point I had eight dogs, and they were all rescues. Some, I was fostering. Four of them stayed with me. I like big problem dogs and I like to fix them, or try. I don't like to give up on dogs. We should all get a fair chance," Q told USA Today. While working in Asia, Maggie Q became a spokesperson for PETA, posing in the nude, with red chilly peppers and lettuce leafs, for their veggie ads. On one occasion, when her stylists asked her to wear fur-lined boots to an event, Maggie Q said: "I'm not asking for rose petals at my feet or a long red carpet, I'm just asking you not to put a dead animal on my body."



The pretty and slim girl looks best in tight dresses, showing off her long legs, even on the red carpet! Left, 5'6" tall Maggie Q in a burgundy Helmut Lang top, a Max Azria skirt, and Christian Louboutin black patent leather pumps, at the In Style HFPA Party during the 35th Toronto International Film Festival on Sep 14 2010. Right, Maggie Q looking gorgeous in an Alice Lee dress, Marie St Pierre jacket, and Christian Louboutin Rolando Hidden Platform Pumps, at the New York Comic Con on October 10, 2010.

Maggie Q was a runner and a swimmer as a youngster, and she gained experience in martial arts while working in Asian films. Maggie also turned vegetarian a decade ago and calls it one her most rewarding decisions: "I feel better, I have more energy on and off the set, and I have the satisfaction of knowing that I'm doing something to help stop animal suffering." Her show Nikita isn't just about the action and spy intrigues; new characters and some romance will be introduced to draw in more young female viewers. "The CW is a very fashion-oriented network and they like their stars to look a certain way. I like that, but at the same time, I need Nikita to be toned down a bit," said Maggie Q, about all those slinky tight dresses.



"Girls look sexy in bikinis, it's fine and that whole thing," Maggie Q told the Calgary Sun, referring to a Nikita episode that required her to wear a red bikini. "But I was fighting for a one-piece. I was like, 'Let's be classy, it'll be cool.'" Despite her sporty background and action star reputation Maggie Q told the Star Telegram that she was nothing like a tomboy in her teen years: "Actually, my memories of growing up are more of playing with dolls and wearing pretty clothes and doing other girly things."

No comments:

Post a Comment